Adopting Tenley

Information for family and friends about our trip to China to adopt Tenley.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Today's the Day!!!!

Hans wrote the last post and linked up some photos. I'm not entirely sure what he wrote... most likely something about jade shopping (got a beautiful bangle for Tenley that I wear and give to her when she's older) and the Great Wall.... which was...Great! Wish all of you could have been there with us. We got some good photos despite the weather (hazy). But, for Beijing this time of year, we were lucky. No snow, wind, rain, nor bitterly cold temps. This section of the wall was one to climb, not stroll across. The key was not to turn around and look down or..... you'd get vertigo. At least I did. Of course, I, being me, was wondering if there are frequent "falls" as it's an unsupervised free-for-all climbing up to the various towers. I'm so glad the kids are with us, though. I couldn't imagine being on the Great Wall of China wishing the kids could see it, too. By the way, as I sit here bleary eyed (couldn't sleep -- post nasal drip keeping me awake -- brought that illness straight from happy Pennsylvania)... I'm waiting to hear the commotion of the Hubei Province group pass my hotel room door. That part of the entire group leaves on an 8:00 a.m flight while ours doesn't leave until 11:00 a.m. to Jiangxi Province. The guides haven't told us yet what time today we're meeting our daughters. I'm not sure why.... maybe they just want us to get coordinated and get on that bus to the airport to get the information! A carrot of sorts. We packed all of our bags last night. They've already been loaded onto the bus so it's another trip to the breakfast buffet...then we're off for the 2.5 hr flight to Nanchang. Off to TRY to get some sleep. Will post again. D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home